This package-tour encompasses three of Nepal’s most popular highlights – Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Chitwan. Kathmandu valley provides some of the major historical and cultural monuments of Nepal, including Pashupatinath temple [the biggest Hindu temple in Kathamndu valley], Swayambunath and Boudhanath stupas [the largest Buddhist stupas in Nepal] together with Kathmandu Durbar, Patan Durbar and Bhaktapur Durbar Squares which are notable sites all on the World Heritage list. You will be impressed and delighted as you move through this bustling city in company with our friendly guides. Pokhara is the second major attraction of this package and one of the most popular destinations in Nepal. The Pokhara valley offers you some interesting areas of both historical and natural value such as Mahindra cave. We will provide the opportunity for you to immerse yourself in the richness of the Tibetan culture by spending a day in a local Tibetan community. Other activities include boating on Fewa Lake, the second largest lake in Nepal, and an easy walk to the Peace Stupa offering beautiful views of the mountains. A drive to Sarankot provides breathtaking views of the Himalaya range. Pokhara operates at a much slower pace than Kathmandu and you are able to immerse yourself in the local life and culture. Chitwan is the ‘heart of the jungle’ and this Heritage Listed national park of some 932 km sq km is located in the subtropical Inner Terai lowlands of south-central Nepal. It is renowned for its dense concentration of wildlife. You can enjoy an elephant safari, nature walk, canoe trip, bird watching, and a jungle drive, and even help bathe the elephants if you wish. This tour package will not require any special level of fitness. It is designed to provide a relaxing and enlightening snapshot of both our country’s busy-ness and untouched areas of nature. Please join us for an exciting and revealing snapshot of Nepal. It will be a truly amazing experience in your life.
Tibetan Encounter Tour Program
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn about basic knowledge of Tibetan medicine and it’s treatment. Have a firsthand experience of a medical check-up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit the settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools and kindergarten about our educational system in the Tibetan settlements
- Enjoy simple and delicious homemade Tibetan lunch in a local Tibetan family and learn more about their family and community life.
- Visit a small noodle workshop and see how Tibetans make their favorite noodles.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery
- Visit the monastery and attend their group pooja in the evening (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell, etc used during the prayer.
- Enjoy evening tea in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan food, tsampa (roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Hear first hand from refugees about their struggles to survive in exile and share their real-life experiences.
Trip Grade - Easy
|Departure||Return||Price (Inc. Tax)||Dept Status|
|3 Jan 2022||12 Jan 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|7 Feb 2022||16 Feb 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|8 Mar 2022||17 Mar 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|4 Apr 2022||13 Apr 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|9 May 2022||18 May 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|8 Aug 2022||17 Aug 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|5 Sep 2022||14 Sep 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|10 Oct 2022||19 Oct 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|14 Nov 2022||23 Nov 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
|12 Dec 2022||21 Dec 2022||$2010 USD||Available||Book Now|
- Day 1 :Arrive at Kathmandu: meet, greet and move to o’night accommodation
- Day 2 :Kathmandu Valley Tour - cultural and historical highlights
- Day 3 :Kathmandu Valley Tour - cultural and historical highlights
- Day 4 :Drive to Chitwan National Park(5-6hrs)
- Day 5 :Chitwan Jugle Safari
- Day 6 :Drive to Pokhara (5-6hrs)
- Day 7 :Tibetan Encounter
- Day 8 :Pokhara highlights
- Day 9 :Fly to Kathmandu, rest of day at leisure
- Day 10 :Trip Concludes
Notes Since Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, our Tibetan schools, kindergarten and carpet workshop are closed but our carpet showroom will be open. On Sunday, our Tibetan health clinic is closed due to their weekend. Therefore we can’t meet our Tibetan doctor.
Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu: meet, greet and move to o’night accommodation
Arrive Kathmandu and be met by our friendly local staff and transferred to your accommodation. Following a tour briefing, an evening meal will be held together so we can get to know each other.
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Tour - cultural and historical highlights
Our travels commence with transport within the Kathmandu Valley which offers many interesting major historical monuments such as Boudha
stupa one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks at prayer in the monasteries around the outskirts. Then to Pashupatinath, the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the Bagmati River. Here you will see Hindu holy men (Sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. We then travel to Kathmandu Durbar Square viewing the different Hindu temples and hear the legends of the Kathmandu valley. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 3: Kathmandu Valley Tour - cultural and historical highlights
After breakfast, our tour guide will take you sightseeing to the Monkey Temple [Swayambhu]. From this Buddhist stupa, you can view the whole
of the Kathmandu valley. Next stop: Patan Durbar Square, known as the city of temples: Mahabubhha and Golden temple to name just two. We visit Khokana and learn about the Newar culture, and Dakshinkali the Hindu goddess temple. Then to Bhaktapur Durbar Square, a town of old architecture, the 55 window palace, pottery farm and old style primitive houses. Then back to our
accommodation for an overnight Kathmandu.
Day 4: Drive to Chitwan National Park(5-6hrs)
Following breakfast, a drive to Chitwan [5-6hrs]. Upon arrival, our guide will brief you on the Chitwan jungle safari program and afternoon activities. Overnight Chitwan.
Day 5: Chitwan Jugle Safari
Full day experiencing the Chitwan jungle safari.
Day 6: Drive to Pokhara (5-6hrs)
Depart from Chitwan and drive to Pokhara (5-6hrs) then transfer to accommodation.
Day 7: Tibetan Encounter
Tibetan Encounter day tour – the richness of Tibetan culture is world-renowned, as is the welcome of the Tibetan People. But it can appear complex
and mysterious with its monastic societies, secretive tantric religion, troubled recent history, and its nomadic heart. This tour is a unique opportunity to
spend a day in alocal Tibetan community and learn about our rich Tibetal cultural heritage. Tibetan refugees in Nepal are eager to share their dynamic
philosphies and way of life in order to preserve their culture. See detailed Program below.
Day 8: Pokhara highlights
An early morning drive to Sarangkot for superb views of the Himalayas: Dhaulagiri 8167m, Nilgiri 7041m, Fishtail/Machapuchare 6998m, Annapurna I 8091m, Annapurna II 7939m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Annapurna south 7219m, Hiunchuli 6441m, Lamjung Himal 6986m,
Tukuche peak 6920m. After breakfast, our guide will take you on a full day of sightseeing around Pokhara Valley visiting David falls, Mahendra cave, the
World Peace stupa and boating on Fewa lake. If time allows you may like to visit the Ghurka Museum and Mountaineering Museum. Overnight at Pokhara.
Day 9 : Fly to Kathmandu, rest of day at leisure
Following breakfast, fly to Kathmandu [approx. 30 mins]. The remainder of the day at leisure before meeting in the evening for a farewell Nepali dinner. Overnight Kathmandu.
Day 10: Trip Concludes
After breakfast, transfer to the airport if required. Additional excursions can be arranged if time allows. Three hours before your flight departure time you will need to leave for the airport.
All road transport, internal flights, kit-bag use, Sherpa/guides, entrance fees and all meals at Chitwan, B & B only at Kathmandu & Pokhara.