The Pumdi Bhumdi trek is an off the beaten path 3-day hike through the foothills of the Annapurna region. The highest point of the trek is at 2500m and doesn’t prior acclimatization. Plus, permits aren’t required for the trek.
Though a short trek, the views on the Pumdi Bhumdi trek offers beautiful scenery and an authentic experience of staying with locals. The Gurung villages, lush countryside and authentic countryside offer a great experience. The lodges on the trail are comfortable and food is good. Plus, the trek is a great way to build up some stamina before attempting the more challenging treks in the region like the Annapurna Circuit or Annapurna Base Camp. The trek is also suitable for families with children and elderly people. Even though, short stretches of the trek can be challenging with steep ascents and descents, its comparatively easier than the Poon Hill Trek.
The highlight of the trek is the Panchase Peak. It is a religious pilgrimage for Hindus (Panchase means Five seats of the divine mother), with panoramic views of Annapurna, Machhapuchhare, Dhaulagiri, Gangapurna, Manaslu and many more. We cordially invite you to join us on the 9-day Pumdi Bhumdi trek through Pokhara, the city of lakes.
- Short and easy trek for beginners
- Alternating landscapes: plains, paddy fields, forests and valleys
- View of high peaks (Annapunra range, Dhaulagiri, Machapuchhre, Lamjung Himal, Hiuchuli and Manaslu) and the Pokhara valley down below
- Visit the small ethnic Gurung, Magar and Brahmin village
- Great for families to experience Nepal without going too high or too far
Trip Grade - Easy
- Day 1 :Arrive at Kathmandu
- Day 2 :Kathmandu Valley Tour - cultural and historical highlights
- Day 3 :Fly to Pokhara (25m) & Guided Tour of Pokhara Valley
- Day 4 :Start Trek: Boating across the Phewa lake and hike to Bhumdi (1520m; 4-5 hrs)
- Day 5 :Trek to Panchase Bhanjyang (2065m; 4-5 hrs)
- Day 6 :Morning excursion to Panchase Peak (2517m); trek to Bhadaure (6-7 hrs)
- Day 7 :Drive to Pokhara via Tashi Palkhel Tibetan Settlement
- Day 8 :Drive to Kathmandu (205 km; 6-7 hrs)
- Day 9 :End of trip: Departure
Day 1: Arrive at Kathmandu
Our representative will pick you up at Kathmandu International Airport and drive you to your hotel. Depending upon what time you arrive, you can enjoy a full day at leisure. In the evening, we will meet for a welcome dinner with Keep Walking Nepal family.
Look out for the KEEP WALKING NEPAL board behind the railing once you exit the airport terminal.
Overnight at Hotel Tibet (D)
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Tour - cultural and historical highlights
After breakfast you will experience 2 important sanctuaries in the Kathmandu Valley: Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Swayambhunath.
Pashupati is the most important Hindu site in Nepal. Dedicated to lord Shiva, the fierce god appears there in his benevolent aspect of Pashupati. A holy place often compared to Varanasi (in India), the last rites of Hindus are carried out on the banks of Bagmati river.
Boudhanath is the largest Stupa in Asia. In the bygone days caravans after crossing the Himalayas arrived at the Stupa to thank lord Buddha when the trip went well. The eyes of the Buddha painted at the four cardinal points cast an observant gaze on men and their actions.
Overnight at Hotel Tibet (B)
Day 3: Fly to Pokhara (25m) & Guided Tour of Pokhara Valley
You will begin your journey with a scenic morning flight to Pokhara, the lake city. The short flight (25 min) will bring you closer to the mountains. Plus, the views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Annapurna and Fishtail is worth every penny.
After some rest, you will visit the main attractions in Pokhara; the Mahendra cave, bat cave, KI Singh bridge, Gurkha Memorial Museum and the International Mountain Museum.
Overnight in Pokhara at a lakeside Hotel (B)
Day 4: Start Trek: Boating across the Phewa lake and hike to Bhumdi (1520m; 4-5 hrs)
You begin your trek with a boat ride across Phewa Lake and hike to the World Peace Pagoda (45m), a popular tourist attraction in Pokhara. As you continue along the trekking trail, you descend down through the forest with moderate ups and downs to Lukum Swara, a mostly ethnic Gurung with scattered Brahman and Magar settlements. After exploring the village, the beautiful village of Bhumdi is only a bit further.
Overnight at the local lodge (B, L, D)
Day 5: Trek to Panchase Bhanjyang (2065m; 4-5 hrs)
Today’s hike will take you up and down through valleys and the mountains will peak in between the valley. The peaks to look out for are Lamjung, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, and Manaslu. The variety of flora and fauna; birds, marsupials, monkeys and orchids, in the forest is particularly interesting. During the spring season, rhododendron, the national flower of nepal covers the entire scenery. After passing through these woods we reach Panchase Bhanjyang, our destination for the night.
Overnight at local lodge (B,L,D)
Day 6: Morning excursion to Panchase Peak (2517m); trek to Bhadaure (6-7 hrs)
Early morning, you will climb the stone steps up to Panchase Peak (2517 m; 50 min) for sunrise view, which is the highest point of this trek. You can see the impressive panorama of the mountains that you have just seen on the trek so far. The first rays of sun shines the peaks of the Annapurna range while Dhaulagiri is enthroned to the north-east and Manaslu can also be spotted to the north-west.
After breakfast, you will hike through a beautiful forest and over natural stone stairs down to Bhadaure as Annapurna and Machapuchare peeks through the green forest cover.
Overnight at local lodge (B,L,D)
Day 7: Drive to Pokhara via Tashi Palkhel Tibetan Settlement
Your trek ends at Bhadaure. After some breakfast and village exploration, you will drive to Pokhara and visit the Tashi Palkhel Tibetan Settlement at Hemja.
The Tibetan Settlement is a great place to learn about and help the Tibetan Refugees. They have a museum that is a must see to learn and appreciate the difficulties they have endured. It will add much more meaning to the work they do here. The women handicraft handmade rugs and wall hangings. Any purchases goes back into the community.
At Pokhara, you have rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Pokhara (B)
Day 8: Drive to Kathmandu (205 km; 6-7 hrs)
You will drive to Kathmandu along the Prithivi highway till Mugling and then follow the Mahendra highway, along the Trishuli river, to Kathmandu. The drive is scenic as you will pass through valleys with dotted settlements along the way.
Overnight at hotel Tibet (B)
Day 9: End of trip: Departure
A KWN representative will accompany you to the Tribhuwan International Airport for your flight back home.
- All airport pick ups and drops
- Half day Kathmandu sightseeing with tour guide
- Half day Pokhara sightseeing with tour guide
- 3 night hotel in Tibet Kathmandu on BB | 2 night hotel in Pokhara on BB
- All local transportation as per as itinerary
- Kathmandu to Pokhara air flights
- Pokhara to Kathmandu private transportation
- Food and accommodation during the trek
- All permits & entrance fees as per program (unless mentioned otherwise)
- Sleeping Bag, Down jacket and Kit bag
- Guide and porter
- Staff insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara (except when mentioned)
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, drinking water, cold drinks, laundry, phone call
- Tips for guide, porter and driver